Our 3rd edition is here, it’s been an exciting month of July for the tourism industry with UNCTAD bringing over 7,000 delegates to Kenya. Next month we look forward to host the 6th TICAD summit bringing over 2,000 delegates. A special thank you to you our clients we appreciate you.
The Great Wilderbeast Migration
Over two million animals migrate from the Serengeti National Park Tanzania to the greener pastures of the Maasai Mara National Reserve in Kenya during July through to October. This is the natural spectacle and is the 8th wonder of the world.
Interesting facts about the wildebeest:
- Afrikaans name wildebeest, or “wild beast,” for the menacing appearance presented by its large head, shaggy mane, pointed beard, and sharp, curved horns.
- The wildebeest is a member of the antelope family
- They can reach 8 feet (2.4 meters) in length, stand 4.5 feet (1.4 meters) tall at the shoulders and weigh up to 600 pounds (272 kilograms)
- Both males and females grow horns.
- Over 500,000 calves are born in February and March each year, at the beginning of the rainy season.
- Calves learn to walk within minutes of birth and within days are able to keep up with the herd.
- The wildebeest lives to be 20 years old.
Reasons to travel:
The Setouchi Art festival
Japan: Now – September 4, 2016
Jubilee Year of Mercy
Rome Italy: Now – November 20, 2016
Field of light
Uluru: Now – March 31, 2017
Santa Monica California: October 22, 2016
Did you know?
September is the best month to travel! The 9th month of the year sees a remarkable confluence of happy circumstances around the world making it the most favorable month to travel anywhere in the world except the Antarctica!
- Prices plummet
- Frozen lakes have thawed and wild flowers bloom
- The hordes of visitors who travel August have ebbed away
- Restaurants and hotels have reopened
- Lines of a attractions are relatively shorter
- The beaches are still sunny and emptier which means more lobster and seaside lounging for you..
Where to go?
- Morocco, Tunisia & Egypt are less crowded and weather is great
- Turkey has near perfect weather
- South America is blooming
- Israel, Lebanon & Arabian peninsula at their best weather.
- Australia and New Zealand emerging from winter, great time to ski in New Zealand.
- Nepal & mountainous central Asia is drying from a wet season
- South Asia & India has cooled down from the oppressive heat
- China & Japan weather is fresh and mild, the mountains and valleys still accessible
- US, Canada & Mexico enjoy a magnificent autumn
- The Baltic states, Scandinavian & Russia cooling down but not cold
- Western Europe weather pleasantly mild
- The Mediterranean beaches are pleasantly sunny
Travel tips (Eat local food)
Think you already know what Chinese food tastes like? You are most probably wrong. Taste a bit of everything when you travel, especially if you don’t know what it is. Ask local people for recommendations. Eat street food from vendors with big lines out front. Don’t be scared of the food.
World travel fact:
Our travel diaries:
Sitting in a car for two hours with a stop to stretch the legs at the view point we enjoyed the view of the Great Rift Valley. Once in Naivasha town we proceeded to kongoni, oleitiko cottages our home for 2 nights. Having arrived at the dead of the night we didn’t get to see much of our surroundings.
With our minds set on preparing a quick dinner we were pleasantly surprised to find a fully furnished modern kitchen. Our cottage was cozy home away from home, the sleeping quarters were warm and the beds were so comfortable once the head hit the pillow we were out like a light. We woke up to a glorious morning to the sound birds chirping happily on the beautiful acacia tree surrounding our cottage.
Quote of the month:
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”
– Ibn Battuta